Sunday, December 2, 2007

Vacation Day

Not too much happening around here this past week end . We took a Vacation Day today . This means that I did nada , zilch , zero , nothing . Fantastic ! I had to feed Moe and I but only by doing the littlest possible that I could get away with . I didn't vacuum , wash the dishes , dust , do a load of laundry , or the trash . I didn't even make the the bed , which has become a daily habit that I somewhere along the line have acquired . My mother would be so happy to know that !

I slept most of the day , whiled away the hours doing nothing much just enjoying my Day of Vacation from everyday chores . It was nice , but by sunset I couldn't ignore the dust that blew in last night when it was windy . I couldn't stand the sight of the dirty dishes piled high in the sink . It made me nervous . The trash I could no longer stuff into the trash can because it was nearly over flowing . I wanted a hot cooked meal . Clean clothes would be nice too .

After the call to prayers at sunset , I jumped up and started to dust . Then I made a hot dinner for the two of us . I ran a quick vacuum over the carpets , just to be neat . After dinner I washed up all the dishes , while I started a load of laundry . When all these chores were finished I made a lovely hot fresh cup of coffee for Moe and I to sip on as we watched a soccer game . He smiled at me and asked ,How did you enjoy your Vacation Day ? I said it was just fine until sunset came , then the Vacation Day was over ! LOL !

2 comments:

ibeebarbie said...

Salam On the Edge,
WOW--Great vacation day---until sunset of course. :-) Why do you think it is as humans that we can't just completely relax for one full day? Glad you enjoyed your day, alhamdullilah

Rose Bud said...

Sounds like you had a little rest. lol