Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Epitome Of Male Arrogance


I received this letter from my freind Om Taziri , on her travels from Libya to the U.S.A. Her observations from her plane window . Thought you might like it too .

The plane started down the runway and I was thinking, "Wow! I'm really going!" The plane flew over the Tarhouna Platou and that was thrilling of course. Then we flew over Sicily and had a birds eye view of the mountains, villages, and the cliffs of the coast. Then we flew over the Alps and through a break in the clouds I could see their snow covered peaks. Amazing sights all. However, the thing that really rocked my boat was this---my plane having landed in Frankfort, was taxiing to the terminal and as we made a right turn I saw an animal nonchalantly crossing the runway. From a distance it looked to be the size of a cat, but I knew that distance and my perspective from a height must be deceptive. Which indeed it was. The animal which had caught my attention was none other than a fox who with all the arrogance of a MALE, trotted across the path of an oncoming giant bird and into the grassy verge of the runway where he stopped to spray his male essence!!!! I couldn't help laughing out loud at the sight and how it made me think that this was the epitome of Male Arrogance in a nutshell.

1 comment:

ibeebarbie said...

LOOOOOOL - How beautifully descriptive.